Enjoying a Life of Health and Healing

Enjoying a Life of Health and Healing

Just this very morning as my children were about to leave for school I stood in the driveway with them waiting on the bus and during our normal prayer for the day, I had to pray for healing for my oldest son.  He woke up this morning with a sore throat and ear ache.  UGH!!! 

Sickness has NO place in our lives!  NONE!  We belong to God and Jesus and every good gift comes down from them. 

James 1:17 Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

Sickness is not good.  It belongs to the devil plain and simple.  The thief comes to kill, steal and destroy.  Jesus comes to give us life. 

John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows).

We have authority in the Name of Jesus to stand against the devil and his attacks on our health.  I refuse to allow him to place sickness on my family and not do anything about it.

Praying healing scriptures today for my son.  Here are a few of my favorites!

I Peter 2:24  He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [a][as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed

Isaiah 53:5  But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our guilt and iniquities; the chastisement [needful to obtain] peace and well-being for us was upon Him, and with the stripes [that wounded] Him we are healed and made whole.

Psalm 103:2-3 Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits—   Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases,

James 5:14-15  Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. 15 And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up. If they have sinned, they will be forgiven.

I urge you to pray for your children for health and healing.  Your child may be totally healthy on a normal day but you can pray just like I did for healing from aches, pains, virus', the flu, etc...  If your child has been diagnosed with some type of life altering disease - pray!  (This doesn't mean we stop seeing our Doctor or following their advise and guidance unless we hear from God to do so.  Our Doctors are here to help us and we are blessed to have them.)  Pray for God's healing power in the life of your child. 

The prayer of faith will make the sick person well. 

What about you?  Do you pray for healing and health for your children??



1 comment:

  1. I have enjoyed being a subscriber of yours. I like the message that you convey. I have nominated you for The Liebster Blog Award. Read the details here:
    http://www.thelostapron.com/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..