Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

I love hosting cookie exchange parties at my house but this year I thought I would attempt to host one online.  It's the perfect time of year to do this because many of us will be busy baking many different kinds of cookies throughout this month. 

Here is how this will work.  Each day this week, Monday through Friday I am going to post some of my families favorite cookie recipes.  I would like for you to leave some of your families favorite cookie recipes in the comments to share with me and all of my other readers. 

Thanks and Happy Baking!

Recipe
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour (I use self rising)
1 tsp. cinnamon
3 cups oats (uncooked)
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup raisins

Directions
Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
Beat margarine and sugars until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
Combine flour and cinnamon and add to butter mixture and mix well. 
Stir in oats and raisins.
Drop by tablespoonful's  onto un-greased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12minutes or until light golden brown.
Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet, remove to wire rack and cool completely.

Ok, Now it's your turn to post your favorite cookie recipe. 

Click here for my Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Sounds delicious, I need to get some more raisins so I can make some cookies :) Here's one of our favorite recipes for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies! http://www.thepurposefulmom.com/2011/09/peanut-butter-chocolate-chip-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oatmeal cookies are always a hit with my boys too. Here is one of favorite recipes, which is a variation of oatmeal: http://www.raisingknights.com/2010/12/peanut-butter-oatmeal-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..