Why We Go To Church



Why we go to church is really simple.

God gave Moses the 10 commandments and one of them said to Keep the Sabbath Day Holy.

Exodus 20:8  Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.

Jesus went to Church.  According to scripture it was His custom to go to church on the Sabbath. 

Luke 4:16  He went to Nazareth, where he had been brought up, and on the Sabbath day he went into the synagogue, as was his custom....

The Bible tells us that we are to imitate what we see God do. 

Ephesians 5:1  Follow God’s example, therefore, as dearly loved children

John 5:19  Jesus gave them this answer: “Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does.

John 10:30 I and the Father are one.”

There you have it, that is my simple explanation of why I believe that Christians should go to church.  God said keep the Sabbath Holy.  Jesus kept it Holy by going to church.  We, as believers are supposed to do what we see God and Jesus do.

Jesus went to church and so should we.




3 comments:

  1. Such a fitting post. I was just having a similar conversation with someone this past weekend. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster award, and then I noticed you already have one. I still think you deserve it :) If you want to participate again my link is here http://www.npmom.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nataline. That is very sweet of you.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..