Money Saving "Foamy" Soap Refill

It's a new year and I figured a good way to start it off was by saving us all a little money. 

I have seen this on pinterest, on a blog I follow and a sweet dear friend also told me about it so I am well aware it is not a new thing but until a few short months ago I was totally unaware you could do this.  I love saving money.  I love making my own cleaners and such.  This is an awesome idea that really does stretch your hard earned dollar.  Try it.  I bet you will love it too.

 
It is really very simple.  Take an empty foamy hand soap dispenser and add any kind of gel hand soap to it - about 1 " worth.  Then fill the rest up with water.  Replace the lid and shake slightly until the soap and water are mixed and voila you have a full foamy hand soap bottle again. 

You could actually do this with any type of "foamy" soap.  Dawn has a foamy dish soap or any type of foamy body wash, etc...

Do you have any thrifty "refill" idea's that you would like to share??

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing at Thrifty Thursday, Jen! My soap pump is almost empty so I need to try this again--last time it didn't turn out so well but I'll give it another shot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn, Let me know how it goes this time. I LOVE it! Make sure you use the gel kind of soap not sure how the other would do.

      Delete
  2. I love foamy soap. I have no idea why. There's just something so fun about it, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..