Inviting the Joy of the Lord

Praying Parent - Week 21

Are your children happy? 

I can say yes, my children are normally happy and joyful.  Of course there are times when they don't get their way and for a time they are not so happy but it quickly passes. 

I do my best every morning to wake my children with a smile on my face and in some goofy way.  I am usually singing some silly wake up song to them (yes even at 12 and 14) because that is just who I am.  I try to make our mornings flow smoothly because I am with them a total of about 35 minutes each morning before they hurry off to catch the bus to school.  I hear friends say and read posts on facebook all the time about how awful their morning was and that really makes me sad.  I try so hard to keep the house happy and upbeat of the morning because I NEVER want to send my kids off away from me in a bad, sad, unhappy, not joyful mood.  Now, I am not perfect and of course there has probably been the rare occasion that they have left mad or upset but it is definitely not the norm.  I love them and God gave them to me and my husband to be a good stewards over. God wants our children to be happy and full of joy.

But guess what?  No matter how hard I try to keep them happy and joyful - true joy doesn't come from me or how "GREAT" I try to make their mornings.  True joy and happiness comes from God.

John 15:10-11
I have obeyed my Father’s commands, and I remain in his love. In the same way, if you obey my commands, you will remain in my love. 11 I have told you these things so that you can have the same joy I have and so that your joy will be the fullest possible joy.

Psalm 16:11 
You will show me the path of life; in Your presence is fullness of joy, at Your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.

Romans 15:13
 I pray that the God who gives hope will fill you with much joy and peace while you trust in him. Then your hope will overflow by the power of the Holy Spirit.

Isaiah 61:10
I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God!  For he has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness.  I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels.

Pray for your children to remain full of the Joy of the Lord. Teach them that the way we have and keep this joy of the Lord is by staying in His presence and by realizing that He is all we really need.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..