Everyone Has A Purpose


My boys have played soccer since they were very small.  Through the years they have both played probably every position possible on a variety of different teams.  One thing that was always important to them was getting to be up front so they could score a goal.  Of course everyone wants to make a goal, that is the person on the team that is up front and gets much praise but we often forget that it takes the whole team to achieve the actual goal. 

It's much the same way in the body of Christ.  Everyone has a part to play.  And that part is very important.  I Corinthians 12 says that God places each one us in the body of Christ where it is pleasing to him.

I Corinthians 12:27-31
27 Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28 And God has placed in the church first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then miracles, then gifts of healing, of helping, of guidance, and of different kinds of tongues. 29 Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues[d]? Do all interpret? 31 Now eagerly desire the greater gifts.

Not everyone is called to be a pastor. Not everyone is called to be a miracle worker or prophet but we all have a purpose and a calling.  We can't all have the spot light on us. In fact many of us are very far from the spot light among the sticky floors, dirty faced little ones, sinks full of dishes and piles of laundry we have. We all can make a difference though. I have prayed before, Lord what is my purpose? How am I supposed to share Jesus with anyone when I am home all day long alone with just my babies?  Then, one day I got my answer. I am making a difference in the life of a child, my child and prayerfully in the lives of all the other children they come in contact with.  Also, I pray that this blog will make a difference in some small way in your life. 

Jesus said in Mark 16:15  He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.  No, we can't all have the spot light on us but we are all called to take the gospel to lost and hurting.  We are all called to share Jesus.

Do you ever feel like you are not making a difference?  Remember we all have a part, we all have a purpose. I encourage you to pray and ask God to show you what your part is for this season of life you are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..