A Broken Heart

"Hot Rod"

Eleven years ago my parents bought a little red pony for my boys.  My boys at the very young ages of one and three lovingly named this new pony Hot Rod.  A few days ago Hot Rod went to "little pony heaven". 

I told my boys about him dying yesterday and while my oldest was sad like I knew they would be my youngest son was completely broken hearted.  I did not expect this type of reaction.  He cried and cried all evening long and even when I was tucking them in bed he sobbed over his beloved pony.  I prayed with him for peace and comfort in knowing that his pony had been well loved all the years we had him and that now he wasn't in pain or discomfort anymore (he had been slowly going down hill from being old for a while now) and I prayed that God would heal his broken heart.  Will this happen instantly?  No, probably not.  We have memories that make it hard sometimes but God will heal my son's little broken heart in time and he will give him peace and comfort in this situation.

Psalm 34:18 (AMP) says that The Lord is close to those who are of a broken heart...

and

Psalm 147:3 (AMP) says that God heals the brokenhearted...

I firmly believe that God cares about every part of our lives, big and small.  He cares when we are sad from losing a pet, a family member, friend, job, etc...  I also believe He loves us so much that He will heal our broken hearts if we will just pray and ask him.

1 comment:

  1. Poor kids! That is rough, losing a pet is not easy even as adults. :(

    (just so you know, you have it set up so that only people with google accounts can comment. It's easy to change in your settings and better for your SEO if people comment from their URL instead of account. :) just wanted you to know.)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..