Prayer Card Notebook

My "quiet time" or devotion time is very important to me. I try to make it happen of the morning before the busy-ness of the day creeps in but sometimes that doesn't happen. I have my bible, highlighters and pens, my prayer/study journal with paper, my devotion book(s) of the moment, scripture memorization cards (a recent addition) and my prayer card notebook.


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 The Message
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live.


Of course this verse doesn't mean literally to pray all the time and never do anything else. It does however mean that we should pray wherever, whenever we can, want and need. I pray all the time, as I am going through my everyday tasks at home, driving my kids to ball practices, during devotion time and any other time someone comes to my mind or when it is impressed on my heart by the Holy Spirit.


Philippians 1:3-4 The Message
Every time you cross my mind, I break out in exclamations of thanks to God. Each exclamation is a trigger to prayer. I find myself praying for you with a glad heart.


So in keeping with my favorite organizing things I do and love today I am going to tell you about one of my favorite "quiet time" organizing things. I really hadn't given much thought to it until the other day. I was flipping through my cards, praying and reviewing some of the praise reports and answers to prayers when I came across one for my cousin who also happens to be my best friend. I sent her an email reminding her about the goodness of God and told her about the things I had been praying for her about that have now come to pass and just wanted to share. She was interested in my "prayer cards" that I had told her about and wanted to know how I had set it up and how I organized them so I decided that I would share with you as well in case you would like to make your own.

 First I bought a 3x5 index card notebook at Walmart and card refills. 

                               



 Next, I made dividers and labeled them. I have one for me (my personal requests), one for my husband, my kids, friends and family, etc... You could have as many or as few of these as you like or none at all.

                                


Then, I started writing down prayer requests on the card along with the particular scripture that I am standing on. As things change in the situation or prayers are answered I record that on the card as well.


                              

    That's it! Very simple. I have been using mine for about 6 1/2 years now and I love it! I still write requests down on post it notes sometimes and stick them to the front of my bible (especially if they are very important) and I also have some prayer/praises written out in my prayer/study journal that are extra long (I'll tell you about that another time). This little note card prayer book is an awesome way to keep track of all those prayer requests.

    What are some of your favorite ways to keep track of prayer requests?

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this! I have been looking for a good way to keep our prayer requests in our children's ministry together. I can see each of our small groups with their own 3x5 binder. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leslie, I am glad you like the idea! I hope it works out for you.

      Delete
  2. Hi,
    I know this will seem like a very bizarre request, but please bear with me. I have searched absolutely everywhere I can think of for the kind of index card binder you used above. None of the Walmart's around me carry them, and I can't even find them online. Your photo is actually the only photo online I can even find of that kind of binder- I guess the company stopped making them? I'm a nursing student and I want this type of binder to organize index cards filled with important info, it's my "brain book". However, my quest has been a bit stunted as I can't find these *anywhere*. Like I said, strange request, but next time you're at your Walmart.. could you look for me? I would pay via PayPal for the cost of the binders and shipping if you would be able to pick 2 up for me. I would, obviously, pay before you shipped because I would want you to know you're not being swindled. Please email me at sutbe1sm@gmail.com to let me know if you're willing to do this for me. I apologize for the weird request, but I'm hoping that you might be able to help me finish my Brain Book :)
    Shana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shana,
      I emailed you back. Actually sent two emails. One saying I would be happy to look for you and another with the link to office depot where I found them online. I hope this helps. If you need anything just let me know. God Bless!

      Delete
  3. Love this idea! I've been reading 'The Help' of and on since last summer and the best character keeps a notebook of people she's praying for and results. That system just doesn't work so well for me... I have a binder like you showed that I used to use for an address book and am planning to convert it!!!
    Awesome!!!
    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how you like it once you get it converted over.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..