Homemade Vegetable Soup


Today is officially the first day of fall.  I love the changing colors of the leaves, the crisp cool air, bon fires and camp outs, baking apple pies and pumpkin bread and making Big Pots of SOUP!

I love soup!  I don't know what it is but soup just tastes better when the air is cool and the seasons change.

Today I am making Vegetable Soup.  I throw a little of all kinds of vegetables in mine depending on what I have on hand.  This has to be one of the easiest soups to make. 

First, I put a beef roast in the crock pot or use left overs from one we have had for dinner. 

Next, I add any and all of the following vegetables to a large stock pot:

potatoes                   
carrots
onions
celery
peas
green beans
Lima beans
tomatoes
cabbage
broccoli
corn

I add all the vegetables with the juice from the can to my pot, the beef (pulled apart in small pieces) and some beef broth along with vegetable juice and some extra water if needed and simmer for a few hours until potatoes are nice and tender.   

I also add in salt, pepper and red pepper flakes to season.

Serve with cheese sticks and pnut butter sandwiches or a piece of cornbread.

YUMMO!

What are some of your favorite Soups to make???



1 comment:

  1. Yum! I am going to make soup tomorrow! I hate to cook, my brother ended going to cooking school. This is his recipe and I love it because it is easy - even for me - and so tasty!

    http://ourblessedchaos.blogspot.com/2009/01/scotts-hamburger-soup.html

    To reduce the calories I leave out the hamburger and it is still an awesome soup.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..