Staying Attracted to Holiness and Purity

This subject for me is one that is near and dear to my heart.  It is more of a concern than many of these other prayers that we have covered.  Why?  Because I know from experience how easy it is to get off the right path and to walk down the wrong one at full speed. 

I want different for my children.  I want them to not make the same mistakes that I made.  I know that children will mess up and make mistakes but we teach our children in ways that neither my husband or myself were taught when we were growing up. 

One thing that this chapter makes me think of right off is how I am always "preaching" to my boys how they are different.  In a good way.  In a way that the Bible tells us we are supposed to be. 

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

(a peculiar people - special people, different people)

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

John 15:19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

We are to be lights shining in darkness.  We are to be the leaders and I know that this is hard task for any of us but especially for children.  It is hard to be the different one in a crowd.  It is hard to say no when all of your other friends are doing something (of course then we may need to talk about the kind of friends our children keep).  My boys are good kids, who know what the Bible says, who know to do right but they are still young men of God who are living in this sinful world and they have to make choices everyday.  They are targets for the devil which is why we must clothe ourselves and our children in the armor of God.

Ephesians 6:10 - 17  Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Will they mess up and choose wrongly?  I pray not.  We must teach our children, model the correct behavior for them and PRAY for them to stand out and stay attracted to holiness and purity.  So I encourage you to pray for your children to stand out and be different.  Pray for godly friends for them so that they have others of their own age to help encourage and support them. 

Proverbs 20:11  Even a child is known by his acts, whether [or not] what he does is pure and right.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also want to announce the winner of my Give Away for a copy of The Purposeful Mom's newly released eBook - God's Word in my Heart. The winner was picked at random through the website random.org. Thank you to the ones that entered and the winner is my sweet friend: Dee I will be sending your email info to Jenn at the Purposeful Mom and she will email you the link to download her book. Again, thank you for entering.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..