My Favorite Quote on Marriage

Top 10 Marriage and Motherhood Quotes

I am joining up with Courtney Joseph from Women Living Well this week for her Top 10 Marriage and Motherhood quotes.

I have been out of commission these past few days and am still recovering from what I guess is my sinus' bothering me but resulted in my having a migraine and being flat of my back in bed for a few days.  Prayers for a full recovery and speedy healing are appreciated (momma's don't get sick days you know).  I am on the mend but moving slowly still so for today I am only giving you my absolute favorite quote on marriage.  I have more but am not feeling like making this long so maybe one day in the future that can be another post.

It is from a book called Capture His Heart by Lysa Terkeurst.  I have actually heard her use this quote several times before but in this book she gives credit to it coming from her Pastor at the time Rob Singleton.  


When talking about people seeing the grass as being greener on the other side of the fence and them wanting to jump the fence and abandon their marriage commitment he gave this quote

"The grass isn't greener on that side or this side.  The grass is greener where you water and fertilize it".

Lysa then goes on to say that she can't think of a better way to water and fertilize our marriages than with the Word of God.

What is your favorite quote on marriage?



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! I was just going through my email archives and came across one you sent me in March. Thank you so much!

    I followed the link in your email to your blog here and I immediately recognized your familiar face! Thank you so much for all of your love and support and for joining this link-up!!!

    You are a blessing - keep writing and shining!
    Lots of Love,
    Courtney :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Courtney for stopping by my blog. What a blessing you are to me.

      Delete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..