Spend Time With God

                 
This past week for our family has been super full and super busy.  Besides all of the normal running and things that need tended to on a daily and weekly basis my oldest sons soccer games and practice have us running seriously all the time and my youngest son's hasn't even started yet.  YIKES!!! 

I know that as the next few weeks move forward it is going to continue to be somewhat crazy around here which makes this stay at home mom really have to be on her toes to get all the laundry done, house cleaned, food prepared, help with homework, etc... and I really have to believe God to help me make the most of my time that I have.  Ephesians 5:16  says making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. 

I also have to remember not to fall into the trap that Satan would like me to by forgetting to spend my personal time with God.  We can get so busy that we forget all about reading our bible or praying and that my friends is not good.  I am speaking from experience here, our days and weeks will run more smoothly if we just stop, sit down with a good cup of coffee and our bible and make some time to read God's Word and Pray.

We need to remember to put first things first.  Turn your day over to Him and He will help you accomplish all that you need to get done and will bless it in the process.

I have been reading and meditating on Matthew 6:25-34 lately, why don't you join with me this week and read along?

                          


Matthew 6:25-34 (NIV)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[a]?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for the encouragement, Jen! I struggle in this area, but I know that it is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect words! I needed this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jen, I don't believe I happened upon your blog by coincidence, God surely brought me here because just an hour ago I was sitting here worrying about my daughter not having anything to wear for the fall. I was also sitting her just five minutes ago worrying about going to the grocery store becuase I don't have enough of what she likes to eat.

    I also have been pondering about my lack thereof time of spending moments with God throughout the day, which is what led me to click over from Women Living Well. He had way more in store to reveal to me than just spending time with Him, I needed to hand over those trivial worries to Him as well.

    Thank you so much and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..