I Want Them to See Jesus in Us

One of the absolute sweetest memories I have of Joey, my oldest son playing soccer when he was little was that when he was on the field playing and I mean really playing - he could be in the process of running the ball down the field to score a goal but if he caught a glimpse of me on the sidelines with my camera in hand he would STOP dead in his tracks and smile for the photo.  Cute?  Yes.  Did everyone think it was sweet?  Of course.  Was it a good thing for him to do while playing a game?  Not at all!  He did that because I like to take a lot of pictures especially of my family and I have had a camera in his face since he was born.  For him it was natural - see camera - stop and smile for mom.  Needless to say we had to explain to him that when he was playing ball he should focus on that and not me.

Anyway, as I was reminiscing of times gone by and of all the pictures I have of the boys I began to think about what picture I want people to see.  Outside people and family when they look at my life, at my kids, my husband, our family life and our home.  When people look at or think of us I want them more than anything else to see JESUS! 

I want them to feel at peace in our presence and to feel loved in a great way.  I want our attitudes, appearance, actions and home to reflect God and His Love.  I have always wanted our house to be "safe place" for my children, family and my kids friends.  A place where we can have fun and pray through issues they may be facing.  A place where we sometimes suffer the consequences for our actions but a place that love, unconditional love is always flowing out to them. 

Ephesians 5:1  Therefore be imitators of God as dear children.

Genesis 1:27  So God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them. 

Romans 5:5  And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

I want this not so people will think we are anything special because by ourselves we are nothing but because we have God in our hearts and because we live each day for Him we are special.

He says so in 1 Peter 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

What about you?  What image do you want people to see when they think of you and your family?  Or better yet - What image are they seeing right now that we all might need to work on? 

1 comment:

  1. I love that image of your son stopping dead in his tracks to smile for the camera- it makes me smile a bit with my own camera memories. Nicely shared and well chosen scripture. I would like to think grace is evidenced in our family...but we are still learning...in a progression of faith by grace. Imperfectly kept by His perfection and grace.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you and reading your comments!

You can email me anytime at aheartformyhome(at)gmail(dot)com with comments, questions, suggestions for posts, etc..